Links to Love
What we’re reading, following, and loving this week…
Modernists on Board: Bus Tour of Palm Springs for Modernism Week
1. Modernism Week 2014 at Palm Springs: “an annual celebration of mid-century modern design, architecture, art, fashion, and culture. This exciting “festival” takes place in February in the Palm Springs area of Southern California.”
2. Looking to remodel? How does a $5,000 room makeover sound? Hop over to designer Garrison Hullinger’s website to enter to win. I’m in!
3. From the Bookshelf: Designers at Home: Personal Reflections on Stylish Living, by Ronda Rice Carman. Foreword by Martha Stewart. (Rizzoli New York, 2013.). One of the best books on interior design I’ve read in a while. A personal look inside the living spaces of some of the most regarded designers in the business. Rice Carman is the founder of a blog we read regularly here at Ironhaus.
4. To Watch: Having grown up watching The Tonight Show, I have to admit that over the last several years my love for the show has waned. Enter Jimmy Fallon. Enough said. Fast Company has an interesting look inside the rebranding of the show.
5. From the Files: It’s no surprise that around here we love all things iron. If you missed the chance to see the “Henri Labrouste: Structure Brought to Light” at the MOMA last year, here’s a little reprise courtesy of Architectural Digest. Henri Labrouste was a 19th century architect who did some amazing things with iron like the Biliothèque Nationale in Paris.
Photo: Georges Fessy
Send us your favorite links, tell us what you’re reading or crushing on this week in the comments section below.