Custom Range Hoods: What’s Your Style
The Kitchen is the Most Used Room in the House
The kitchen is the most popular room in the house, as more of us gather and entertain in the kitchen. According to a recent study in the UK, a third of those polled echoed that claim, and over half the participants said they now do their entertaining in the kitchen rather than the living room. Home design incorporates large kitchens that are more than just a place where food is prepared, but very often open up into a great room and dining area where we eat and gather.
Whether you have a large kitchen with ample seating and multiple places to entertain, a small kitchen that opens up to a dining room or great room, a grand kitchen made for gourmet cooking and lavish entertaining, or a space that is kid-friendly, the kitchen as a place to gather is cross-cultural, and can be done at all price points.
As we spend more time in the kitchen we want it not only to be useful and functional, but we want it to be a place where others will feel welcome. One of the places where homeowners are putting their focus and their budgets is on custom range hoods. As the fireplace is to the living room, the range and hood are to the new kitchen. A range hood is the focal point of the room, and a place where homeowners can express their personal style.
Popular Design Styles
The question is: what design style suits you? Do you prefer Rustic? Modern? Industrial? Traditional? Or do your tastes run more to the Eclectic? Having trouble deciding which is best for you? Me too! This is the first of a four-part series looking at each of these design styles to give you inspiration and ideas for your project. We’re kicking off the series with a look at Traditional Design.
What Is Traditional?
Traditional design is all about simple elegance. It’s about creating spaces that invite calm but have a sense of well-defined proportion and order. Traditional design style incorporates pieces that pay meticulous attention to detail without being fussy. Hallmarks of the look include deeply colored hardwood flooring, neutral paint choices on walls with maybe one wall painted in a bright color to highlight the architecture, artwork, or a unique element of the space. In a Traditional kitchen you might see hardwood floors, handmade cabinets in a dark wood or finished in a cream tone, but in a formal style that harkens an Old World or Colonial feel. Furniture styles that best typify Traditional Design are Chippendale, Queen Anne, and Sheraton style.
Custom Range Hood as Focal Point:
Using the range hood as the focal point, here are some ideas to get you started thinking about what your Traditional kitchen might look like:
1. Attention To Detail: You really can’t find any better example of Traditional design than in these beautifully crafted cabinets that evoke a feeling of Old World, European, or Colonial history.
2. Iron Range Hood: Handcrafted, well-made pieces that provide a distinctive look are hallmarks of Traditional design and exemplified in our new line of range hoods.
3. Wrought Iron Chandelier: Ornate, unique, and classically styled, this is a must in a Traditional kitchen.
4. Stainless Steel Appliances: Well-made, top-of-the-line appliances help give your Traditional kitchen a polished and classic look.
5. Rich Wood Floors: Hand-hewn wood floors anchor the room and provide it with warmth.
6. Glass Mosaic Backsplash: Adds color and character to the range hood making it a focal point worthy of your new Traditional kitchen.
Can’t get enough? Take a look at our Pinterest Traditional Kitchen Design board for more inspiration…
Or, if you’re ready to start building or remodeling your kitchen and want to learn more about incorporating an iron range hood or other decorative wrought iron elements into your design, drop us an email @ email@example.com, or give us a call to chat in person: 866-605-9942.